Monday, August 4, 2008

Top 10 : 8/4/08

1. Booker T. & The MGs - Soul Limbo LP (thanks, Scott)
2. Cuby & The Blizzards - "Your Body, Not Your Soul"
3. Mad Men - my favorite show since The Wire
4. Don And The Goodtimes - "I Could Be So Good To You"
5. The new Pelecanos book. Haven't read it yet, but I'm psyched.
6. The Hitmen - "Private Eye" - more poor man's angry young man new wave, of which I'm always a fan
7. Neil Young - "The Ways Of Love" and "Hangin' On A Limb," both from Freedom. Would've fit nicely on Comes A Time.
8. Mortimer - "Singing To The Sunshine" - after years of searching, I finally found this album a few months back (at Red Onion in D.C.).
9. The Idle Race - "Days Of The Broken Arrows"
10. getting a sealed copy of The Sex Clark Five's "Strum and Drum" (many thanks, Rick)