Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Captain 20

Speaking of local television, I'm psyched to see this movie. DVD soon, I hope?



When we were planning what turned out to be the lone Georgie James video, the original script called for three actors to play television executives who were going to basically be tinkering with and ultimately destroying our Georgie James variety show. I contacted Captain 20 (aka Dick Dyszel) to see if he'd be in it and he was interested, but ultimately our budget plummeted and we had to re-script the entire video. Would've been great. Actually, now that I think of it, when we were recording the GJ album, the idea came up that there was going to be this minute-long faux interview in the middle of the record that would gradually devolve into total nonsense and would essentially be a laundry list of D.C. references (i.e. Jim Vance, Ollie's Trolley, Captain 20, Jhoon Rhee, The Sports Machine etc.). I guess I can see how that might not have sat well with the otherwise polished vibe of that record, though, so I can't blame us for cutting the idea.